Wednesday, September 24, 2008

抽骨髓驗,看是不是血癌?

sep 12, 2008(Friday)
Bone Marrow Biopsy


When I was still in ICU, my oncology doctor Dr Stanton came to see me, and asked me if I wanted to do bone marrow biopsy, because he thought there might be something wrong with my bone marrow which caused my WBC and PLT drop-down daily.

After the testing, the result is negative, that means my bone marrow is OK. But, why my WBC & PLT are still unable to reproduce themselves? No one knew the answer yet up to that day.

sep 16, 2008(Tuesday)
my oncology doctor told me go home now


after 2 day of my brain operation, my head kept bleeding, so another doctor gave me 3 bags of PLTs IV and 2 bags of blood transfusion, hopefully my brain would stop bleeding if my Platelete count could go up to a certain amount, otherwise I might need to do another brain operation.

thank God, after the 3 bags of platelet IV, the bleeding in my brain stopped automatically.

However, when I was getting better, my oncology doctor told me I could go home now. I didn't know what was in his mind, becauce my WBC & PLT are still unable to reproduce themselves. Once I went home, who would monitor the up-n-down of my CBC? Up-to-that moment no doctor could find any solution yet, that means I could die any time if I go home, so I rejected their advice and asked stay 2 to 3 more days.

Thank God, some other doctors are very kind and nice, agreed with my worry, so I was allowed to stay 4 more days, and during those days the nice doctor also gave me 4 bags of PLT IV, one for each day.

sep 19, 2008(Friday)
Being Transferred to a 3rd hospital, a very big one


Finally, my oncology doctor realized my case was not as simple as he thought, so he requested me to be transferred to a bigger hospital, UCSF--University of California Medical center. This is a top 10 hospital in U.S.

According to the UCSF hospital doctor's instruction, I need to do another bone marrow biopsy to see if i really have leukemia. Because the symptoms I got is very similar to leukemia. The 1st group of doctors said they are pretty sure I am 90% in leukemia or pre-leukemia, and need to do another chemotherapy.

I asked them if I don't take any chemotherapy, how longer can I live?

The doctor said:"four weeks."

No comments: