Saturday, September 27, 2008

終於有答: 是準血癌!

sep 27, 2008(Saturday)
Finally, I was diagnosed with pre-leukemia(準血癌)


When my brother and sister came to visit me this afternoon with the Chinese complementary soup (補湯), one of the doctors of UCSF hospital came in and told us that I have pre-leukemia(準血癌). It is pre-1st-stage of leukemia, so the treatment I am going to take is not as tough as the chemotherapy.

He also said, I need to do the treatment 7 days, start from today. After the 7 days treatments then I could go back to the previous hospital to get a rest, after a couple of days, then I could start to do the rest treatment, it takes 3 weeks.

變色體混亂了

the doctor also said, my pre-leukemia is caused by 我的變色體混亂了, so my bone marrow is unable to make health blood count. Thus I need the help of medicine to correct my DNA, and hopefully get the 變色體 back to normal.

the medicine I am taking

the medicine which are used for this treatment is named as Azecitidine (also named as Vidaza), usually it is used to treat bone marrow disorders and leukemia.

the side effects of that treatment are very similar the the chemo drug, after the 1st infusion(第一針注入), I felt tired and weak at once, and some other side-effects. However, this is only some minor issue, what we felt happy is that we eventually have the answer and the treatment solution.

Thank God, and thankyou all praying for me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Mena

當我第一次知道你差點不在人世時.真的很難過. 但天父安慰我說:如果不是我保守著. Mena不是已經返了天家了嗎?知道是天父親自保守著你使我感到很大安慰. 會切切為你做化療禱告. 求主堅立. 你要加油

Unknown said...

Dear Mena,

Don't give up. Do your best and God will do the rest. Praying for you.

Unknown said...

How are you??
From a Christian in HK.